Thursday, April 30, 2015

End of April... "It's gonna be MAY!"

Sorry, sorry, couldn't help it .... :)
If you don't get the pop culture reference above, here's the song that's turned into this joke: N'SYNC: "It's Gonna Be Me" although I don't recommend watching the movie. Just listen to the song :)

Back to our regular scheduled blogging:

Clara asked me for a princess braid this morning, and since her hair was a little too unruly for a super quick french braid, I did this, and still think it turned out cute!

A lunch of fig nutons and banana, yummmy
When we went upstairs for nap time, once I got her up Emma was SUPER chatty and exploring everywhere. So fun!

Emma is starting to get to the stage where she likes to be read to. I'm so glad! Clara has almost always loved it, so that I was a little worried when Emma wasn't too interested, but now she's good with short and simple board books, and even more excited if it's one of the touch and explore ones.

Emma reading one of Clara's first favorites

big girl!
Clara successfully came home from school WITHOUT.A.SINGLE.TANTRUM today. This is HUGE. The last 2 months she has been horrible about that transition period, and somehow it just clicked for her today!! I'm praying fervently it lasts. Since I was hoping this would eventually happen, I've had a treat ready for Clara for just such an eventuality - Minnie Mouse glasses! (and some little pink ones for Emma because I knew they'd both be asking where Emma's pair was if I only got Clara some, ha)
CB: "Mommy! I got glasses cuz I was so sweet to Mommy!" Me: "That's right, Clara!!"
 Too cool for school.

I was so proud of Clara and really amped up the praise so she would hopefully start connecting that when she behaves well Mommy is super happy and good things happen. 
I think God knew I needed a few good days with her. This two-almost-three stage is brutal.

Sittin' and stylin'
 Bryan's birthday was today too! That post can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment