Monday, September 6, 2010

3 day weekends are the BEST!

This weekend Bryan & I drove to Coleman, TX to my family's ranch, The Happy M. I'm so glad we went! My parents were there, my cousin Kevin, my Aunt Jana and Uncle Keith and their family, plus my Meemaw and Papaw all turned out for the fun.

We had lots of projects, but the main event was dove hunting! Granted, the doves really weren't flying very well because of how dry its been, but we still had lots of fun. Some folks went hog hunting and others just ventured out to check out the deer before October's deer season comes around.


Even though it's dry, our place is so pretty:



There were lots of deer:


We camped out by the pond for dove hunting:

Bryan & Dad were both successful! Me? Not so much... Maybe next time :)

And here's Bryan & I with some of our cousins cleaning the doves:


This weekend was so much fun and so relaxing. We had such great weather, too! Which was especially nice since we drove back to Houston in a crazy downpour, and apparently it's going to keep storming all week. Thank you, Tropical Storm Hermine. (Inside recess? Yuck!)

I hope everyone else had a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment