Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Good, Bad & Ugly

The Good: Today was the best day I've so far with my students!! Both the morning & the afternoon went pretty well, so I'm really proud of my kiddos, and made sure to tell them so, too :) I can't really explain how much that means to me. It's hard to have a rough day after a rough day after a rough day.... and on and on. So bring on some more good days!!

(Side note: I got ANOTHER new student today! Up to 17. But she only cried for a few hours!)

The Bad: It would be unprofessional to give too many details, but there was basically a very upsetting meeting today - followed by another equally upsetting meeting. I was feeling so awful when I left school that I just cried on the way home. Thankfully the "bad" parts of my day did NOT have anything to do with my students though! And a family friend, Mrs. Powell, took us out for Mexican food - which made things much better. I was able to put that out of my mind for a little while before diving into some serious lesson planning.

The Ugly: This is pathetic, but the stress I've been feeling has been manifesting itself physically. I am breaking out horribly! Ew. I haven't had acne like this since I was 13. I'm so glad you are unable to see my nose right now...

I also found out that ALL of my lesson plans for next week are due tomorrow by 4:30 :(
The upside? There's only 4 days next week. I still better get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment