Wednesday, September 1, 2010

News on the Job Front - Bryan

Hello everyone. This actually Bryan tonight! I haven't done the blogging thing in a long time but thought this would be a good medium to catch everyone up on things.

So as of last Friday, I am no longer employed. I tried to work something out were I could work on a temporary basis while I search for a position here in the Houston area, but they seemed to have a more you're either in or out approach. I was able to work my last two weeks from home, so I was here with Kate which was great.

In regards to a position in Houston, I have been in talks with Anadarko recently about a position in the Southern Region Regulatory Department. The position is for a Process Analyst, which means I would help out groups in the regulatory department to streamline the various processes they go through for drilling oil and gas (mostly gas).

Well, today I interviewed for the position! I thought everything went really well. It was a different kind of interview than I was used to. This morning I looked up interview techniques and sample interview questions and went over things in my head in preparation. I emailed it to myself so that when I got there I could go over things quickly in the car before heading inside. Turns out I didn't use hardly any of what I had prepared.

When I got there, I was met by a man named Frank who I had been in touch with regarding the position. He took me up to the 22nd floor where they work and we walked into his office. He then proceeded to talk for a good 20-25 minutes straight about the position and what their department does and why they need it and what not. I think in the first half hour I maybe said a couple things. It was almost as if he were explaining everything to me and asking if it sounds like something I would like to do. I'm sitting there thinking, "of course I do!" I explained a little about what I did at my previous job, what I think I have to offer in terms of the position, etc. It was a very comfortable experience which is great because I tend to get very tense in interviewing situations. After meeting with Frank, I met with two others that work in the Southern Region. Both explained the need that they have for someone to help out.

All in all it was a great experience! I know Anadarko is a great company and I hope everything works out. I have a call tomorrow with Frank to kind of recap everything we talked about today. To top everything off, I ran into Dean Hennings on the elevator ride down. In walking to the parking garage, we got to chat a bit about how everything went. He was very supportive and even offered to contact Frank and see if there was any information he needed about me!

I apologize if this was a long post, but I thought I would try to catch everyone up as to how everything has been going on my end!

Bryan

No comments:

Post a Comment