Sunday, September 12, 2010

Birthday dinner & Mom's Retreat

I've been so incredibly busy trying to stay afloat with all of the lesson planning, prep work and other random teacher duties I have to do that I was starting to feel like friends and family were being neglected. Thankfully Bryan has had the opportunity to spend some time with his family lately or I would have started to feel extra-bad!

Thankfully we had some great family time this weekend!!

First on Friday evening we went to dinner with Bryan's family - MeMaw, Paw, Roger, Lety, Maddie, Ronnie, Celina, Alexandra & Ronnie - to celebrate both Roger & Paw's birthdays that happened this past week. (Plus all the ladies & kiddos went to Tuti Fruti to eat some delicious frozen yougurt while the menfolk enjoyed margaritas. Yumm.)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN!

Then that night we saw our friends Collin & Laura for about an hour before we decided we NEEDED to go to bed badly or we'd be even more exhausted on Saturday.

Saturday we ran a ton of errands and I spent the day getting lots of teacher stuff accomplished, and then we met Dad at the Circle Lake Retreat Center where we surprised Mom by attending a Candle Light Service in support of all of the retreat-attendees (of which Mom was one). Following the service, Bryan & I drove to my parent's house in Conroe and spent the night there so we could attend church and have lunch with my parents on Sunday.

Sunday's church service was really nice - especially because Mom was singing :) (She has such a fabulous voice!) Lunch was nice, and then we headed back to the house. Bryan & Dad watched football and played pool while Mom & I made 24 "chair pockets." I'll post a photo tomorrow of what they look like. Online you can find them for anywhere between $13-$45 EACH (ouch) but I was able to make them for a little less than $2.50 each which made me quite happy, especially since I needed at minimum 18 which would get expensive very fast. Wait until you see how clever teachers can be :)

I'm going to get some more planning done & go to bed very early tonight.
I hope everyone is staying dry & enjoying a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment