Saturday, August 20, 2011

Back-to-School Block Party

Today I frantically worked on school stuff, more or less all day until 4:30. We even moved my personal office stuff into the middle bedroom downstairs, which I really like. I'm sort of in panic mode, although I'm trying not to be. Having 4 preps is too many! :/ High schoolers are scary, too. Yikes.

That said, I took a break at 4:30 so that Bryan, Maverick & I could go hang out with our street for our last summertime party. The water slide was set up for the kids, ping-pong for the adults, the dogs ran and played, and everyone ate hot dogs right off the grill. I've said this about a 1,000 times before, and it'll keep being said, but I just so dearly love our neighbors!! They are precious. Today was even more fun because several people brought extra friends (most were Aggies :) to hang out with us.

The parties will continue, they just won't be as often, and *hopefully!* they won't be in 105 degree weather :) Although since we sat in the shade and there was a light breeze it really wasn't too unpleasant. Just gotta stay hydrated!!

Now we're watching a new episode of one of my favorite TV shows (Renovation Realities!) and are thinking pretty hard about going to treat ourselves to Frozen Yoghurt and grocery shopping, haha. (Mom- do you remember the Renovation Realities we watched where the British guy kept yelling "Annie! Annie" every time he messed up??? :)

I hope everyone's having a great last weekend of summer vacation!!

2 comments:

  1. I do remember "Annie, Annie!!" and still fill sorry for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog..this is really neat you can do a lot on here & keep us posted! This is Liz..read this to gma & saved it to a bookmark so she can find it easily. Hope you have a wonderful school year!! Talk to you later..Goodnight & God Bless You

    ReplyDelete