Friday, August 12, 2011

Maverick's trip to Coleman


Last weekend I drove up to Coleman with my parents to help them pack up and get ready to move to the new place. We, of course, brought along my favorite puppy dog :)

As you will soon be able to tell below, Bryan has come up with a solution for my picture problem!!! Thank you!!!

Since Coleman is cursed with an over-abundance of sticker burrs, I put these little booties on Maverick's little paws:



Although he was not exactly thrilled, and walked really funny :) they did help for the little while they were on. Plus he didn't fight them much! However, we soon figured out that it is in fact SOOO dry that all the sticker burrs were dead. They were still absolutely everywhere (and Maverick's fur is basically velcro for that kind of thing), at least they didn't hurt and were easier to get out of his fur, so he did eventually get to walk sans booties :)



Maverick loved exploring the indoors - and was quick to make an enemy out of the bobcat in the living room! Don't worry, he made sure to protect us!



While the menfolk (Dad, Uncle Dwayne, Kevin, Al, Kenny & Papaw) loaded up the machinery and barn, Mom, Meemaw, & I packed up what was going in the house. With all of us pitching in, it took surprisingly little time to get it done!

Naturally, Maverick was a huge help too :)

Mom working on packing up the kitchen:



And then loving on the pup who is so starved for attention:


We saw a coyote!! Keep in mind this is taken with my camera at FULL zoom from very far away. Not too bad given the distance!



The next day saw us loaded up and taking another 6 hour drive - this time to Cuero, TX where I got to see my husband again AND see the new ranch for the very first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment