Sunday, August 28, 2011

Saturday Swimday

I love weekends! For many reasons, but most of all because I get to hang out with wonderful people on weekends :) .... like my amazing husband, puppy, parents, and friends.

Friday night Bryan & I went to Los Cucos with Collin (yay! we haven't seen him in what feels like a very long time) and then took Maverick over to Collin's new house, which we were excited to see for the first time, and Maverick had fun wrestling with Gracie & Gumbo (Collin & Laura's bulldogs). It was wonderful to get to visit and catch up. Collin & Laura - if you're reading - we MUST get together more often!

Saturday we slept in until almost 8'o'clock, which was glorious. I got all of my grading from the week done, which is more than you'd think given that I have 4 classes, all of which has a lot of work that has to be completed at home on Tuesdays and Thursdays which must be graded in addition to what we do in class. However, now all the grading is done, put in my paper gradebook and uploaded to the online grading.

After grading, Bryan dropped me and Maverick off at my parent's house while he scooted up to College Station for a TexAgs Tailgate, which amounted to a mixer/conference all rolled in one. He LOVED it and got to hang out with fellow nerdy Aggie football addicts for the afternoon :)

Meanwhile, Mom, Dad, Maverick & I went swimming!
Love these pictures Mom & Dad took:





Does he look like a happy water pup or what? :)

The day concluded with pheasant/sausage/veggie kabobs on the grill (Y.U.M.M.Y!) Quite possibly one of my favorite meals ever - and the more orange, yellow, red peppers/squash/zucchini the better! Mmm, mmm good.

Bryan then showed Dad the Happy M Ranch website he's been building (and doing an awesome job on I should add). I'll post it as soon as it's completely up and running. Looking good!

And today, Sunday, we did our usual routine - church, lunch, lesson planning, playing with Maverick, Bryan worked on the website, we cleaned the grill up, did laundry, I tutored, we walked the puppy, etc.

I love weekends! :) But what's wonderful is that I'm not upset tomorrow is Monday - in fact, I'm ready! Have a good week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment