Saturday, August 13, 2011

Back-Porch Crashers :)

Welcome to my personal piece of Heaven!!

Bryan & I owe many, MANY thanks to Paw!! Not only did he build us our very own amazing porch swing, but he also helped Bryan install the back swing door with a puppy door (as you'll see in a moment).

Ronnie & Bryan spent this morning in some serious heat up in the attic (sooo hot) & backyard (also insanely hot) hanging the wonderful porch swing that Paw built. I'm sensing a theme of thanks :) [Meanwhile I tutored and signed up at PureFitness (more on that later too).]

This is me. I am HAPPY. :)



How wonderful is this?!
You may notice a member of our family is basically absent from all of these pictures. That is because he was a little (or majorly) concerned about a moving bench :) I think it may take Maverick a little while to warm up to it, haha.



I feel like there should be a spotlight on the swing in the following picture:



The other major improvement would be the following:



A swing door that fits in nicely right behind our backdoor. It sports the super convenient doggie door just for one particularly awesome (and perhaps spoiled) puppy.



It took Maverick maybe a couple of hours to feel completely comfortable running in and out, and less than 24 hours to get the impact of such a convenience (i.e. he can go out whenever he wants to use the bathroom, roll in the grass, chase bugs, etc.). It's been especially wonderful when Bryan & I are both at work! We set up a pen around the inside and he's free to go in and out whenever he pleases. The screen door has a lock, though, so people can't get in from the outside - unless very determined of course.


Now he lets himself in and out all day long - and really loves the freedom!
Bryan & Paw worked VERY hard to get it hung. It turns out that it's a bit more difficult than it looks :) Thank you guys!!

Doesn't he look happy?


Anyway, what with the screen door, the porch swing, the table & chairs Bryan and I bought, the fire ring, and the recent gift of the Coleman BBQ pit from my parents, our backyard is pretty darn snazzy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment