Tuesday, August 2, 2011

God is Good ...

... All the time!!

Anyone who has talked to me in the past 3 or 4 days know that I've been incredibly stressed out. I received an email from Legacy (the school I'll be working for this next year) on Saturday reminding all their teachers about the upcoming co-teacher training with parents where we'll need to have our syllabi and plan for the semester (long-term lesson plan ideas) ready to share. YIKES! I've never worked for a school that required syllabi, and I still hadn't heard what curriculum we'd be using for Speech, so I was feeling a little concerned (let's be honest: I was feeling scared out of my mind!).

However, on Sunday at church our Reverend was preaching about Matthew's (there he is again!) accounting of Jesus walking on water towards the boat, the disciples believing he was a ghost, and Peter asking Jesus to prove himself by having Peter walk on the water to him. This worked out until Peter took his eyes off of Jesus, and started sinking.

Like Peter, I will hand my concerns over to Jesus, and almost immediately snatch them back - as if I could do a better job of taking care of them! And that's usually when I begin sinking - and stressing. I think on Sunday I finally managed to actually hand my concerns over ... (and with lots of self reminders) managed to KEEP trusting.

And guess what?

Today at my meeting those concerns were HUGELY taken care of!!! The classes I will be teaching changed - I WAS going to be teaching 9th grade English, 9th grade World Studies, and Speech. NOW I will be teaching 9th grade English, 10th grade English, 9/10th World Studies (with a co-teacher) and Speech. I feel infinitely more comfortable teaching English than World Studies (which amounts to Ancient History) - and this way I can teach what I know twice, and what I'm excited about but not so knowledgeable about once with someone else who IS knowledgeable. And I still get to play a huge hand in developing the Speech material!

I also had the opportunity to pick up the rest of the materials and see my classroom today, which again, made me feel like I had a better understanding of what this year would bring. Thank goodness!!

All the time ... God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment