Friday, August 19, 2011

Classroom - Check!

It's that time of year again!

Legacy is a school that physically takes place within a church building. This means that we are subject to their policies which can be a little bit interesting. I'm only allowed to use/decorate two walls, one of which has the door and whiteboard. Since my room is the 1st and 2nd grade Sunday School room we will have two sets of chairs and tables. It's not a large room, and there's a pole in the middle. It just makes it the teensiest bit interesting trying to arrange furniture and prep the classroom! I'm also responsible for re-arranging the furniture every Friday afternoon so that it's ready to go for Sunday School on Sunday. It's just a little different from a traditional school building.

Ah, 207. Given all the classes I teach in here, this room and I will have a love/hate relationship by the end of the school year :) I realized after looking at this picture again that it left off "Speech." Maybe that's because it will change to Health next semester?



(Please note that I will be sharing my classroom with the principal, Mrs. May. Crazy, I know.)

The area where my future desk WILL be - this one is being taken away :( Sad times. But my year's theme "SPEAK with an upright heart" (thank you Job!!) will stay, as well as my Word Wall for Speech and my monthly scripture update. If you want to know more about where my theme came from, ask and I'd love to share!

The Word Wall boards are foam boards that Mom & I covered in blue jean material. I hot glued cute buttons onto clothespins and then we added ribbon to complete the "sweet country look." Cute AND functional!! The words will be added by clipping them with the clothespins.



The second wall I'm allowed to use. I've got my whiteboard, my English Word Wall boards, my materials' lists and the clothesline for showing off student work.



Here are the materials' lists. Rather than write out the supplies my students need to have out and ready on their desk when class starts - or worse, tell them everyday - they will look here. I have all of the commonly used supplies on signs I created on Word that have been laminated, that I will clip using clothespins (yes, I'm using the same materials over and over!) to the same ribbon I used to hang the Word Walls. Re-purposed materials make the room look consistent, well put together, but not tooooo horribly matchy-matchy, I hope!



And the one and ONLY poster I hung (take that silly policies!!) with the clothespins on twine that will hang exceptional student work.



And that's a walk through my new classroom!!

School starts Monday!! Wow. Are you ready!?

No comments:

Post a Comment