Friday, March 4, 2011

Final Touches

The last few days have been big for the house. Ready for lots of pictures? Here goes!

Front door (minus the glass), looking lovely:



The stain on the door will go very nicely with the wood floors! Of course, the floors are mostly covered up with the tape and paper, so we won't really know how it all flows until they're uncovered.

The guest room is painted! This is the only room that will have a color other than beige until we move in:



I apologize for the terrible angle of the photo. It's sometimes awkward to take pictures when the guys are working on something. I don't know that they'd be thrilled to end up on my blog, haha. But the blue is really pretty!

And, very important to ME in particular, was that they would change the direction of the powder room door. My best guess is that a man designed the way the door is "supposed" to go, because surely no woman would have the door swing in so that it would bang against the toilet every time the door opened and the person needing to use the restroom would have to hump the sink to get around the door to shut it ... But now it (happily!) swings OUT - yay! :) And notice that all the doors now have knobs, too. Perfect.



In all of the bathrooms, the towel racks, toilet paper holders, and mirrors are all mounted and ready to go! Plus, in the master bathroom the glass for the shower was installed:



And finally, blinds are now in every window!! Here are two examples: one at the kitchen's window seat, and the other in the front bedroom:



Lots of stuff! Plus I didn't even mention some of the even more minor details.

In other news I got to see my good friend Laura yesterday for the first time in a while, which was really nice. We ran some errands like Hobby Lobby and picking up my bridesmaid dress for her wedding next weekend (I had it hemmed up - can you guess why that would be necessary?). Then she saw the house for the first time, which she appeared to really like, and then we had lunch. Very nice outing. And, today I had a really nice lunch with my Dad at Lubys - yum! I do love their fried fish and good company :) The advantage to my parents having lived in our area before is that they still come to the Tomball/Spring area to take care of things and I get to see them!

Today, I also finally went to the doctor about the chronic head/neck/back pain I've been having for the last year or so, and much more severe the last few months. This last week I really couldn't even sleep it hurt so bad to move, so (as Bryan has been insisting I do), I made an appointment for the doctor. After seeing him, he wants me to get an MRI of my brain/spine, which has been scheduled for next Wednesday afternoon. I'm ready to get my answers - and hopefully find some solutions. In the meantime, he prescribed a stronger anti-inflammatory to help with the pain, especially at night.

Back to a happy note - we will probably have carpet next Monday! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment