Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weekend Uno

Remember when I said March is awesome? Well, it still is!

Weekend #1 is almost over, and it was a beautiful way to kick off one of the best months of the year!

First, I got to see one of my favorite people as I hung out with Janie and her Mom, Beth, on Friday afternoon. And then, once the menfolk were off of work, Bryan and I joined Beth, Dean and Janie for dinner at their house. They sure do know how to make fajitas! I love it when Janie visits Texas!

And then, Saturday, Bryan and I were able to sleep in (whoop!) and then get our homeowners insurance taken care of. Turns out we really WERE able to save quite a bit of money by switching from StateFarm to Geico! Same coverage, much less expensive - both auto and homeowners. It's a shame their commercials are so irritating :) Still, I can put up with cavemen and reptiles if we can save $700 a year! (Even bigger WHOOP!)

Saturday night Mom, MeMaw & Paw, Bryan & I met Dean, Beth & Janie at Minute Maid Park to watch the Aggies play Rice. Too bad we never really got our bats going, but it was still a fun game! Made me crave Olsen Field like crazy - Aggie Baseball is too much fun to miss out on. Dad was planning on going to the game with us, but had to miss because of a last-minute trip to South Korea for work. We're ready to have him back in Texas safe and sound!







Because the drive from downtown to Conroe is quite long and it was quite late by the time the game was over, Mom stayed the night with us. I'm so glad in the future we'll always have a guest room for overnight guests! It was wonderful to have her. Then this morning we were able to attend church together and get some serious vacation planning done!! Turns out our Costa Rica vacation is going to be a San Francisco/Napa Valley vacation instead. I'm super excited about it and I think it will be much easier to do with 9 people! Plus Bryan got all of the remaining financial items in order for closing later this month. We are READY!

And now I'm relaxing and watching my favorite musical on PBS - Les Miserables. A wonderful way to end the weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment