Monday, March 21, 2011

Snuggie Sleepover

Maverick wasn't feeling very well last night and he was lonely... this unpleasant mixture caused him to howl/bark/cry ALL. NIGHT. LONG. Literally. Until 3am, when I gave up, took him downstairs to go potty and then curled up on the living room floor with him in a snuggie. He fell asleep almost immediately .... and so did Bryan. I was at first too nervous that he was going to roam all over the apartment and have bathroom accidents while I slept uncomfortably on the floor. But eventually even I succumbed to an entire night of no sleep! Bryan woke me up this morning when he went looking for us :) I'm so glad he was able to get some sleep - he works long and early hours! The puppy and I snoozed until about 6:45am when he decided life was far too rough again and started crying and crying. I finally called the vet and asked if we could bump up our appointment from tomorrow afternoon to this morning. Praise Heavens, they squeezed us in! Turns out that in addition to an allergic reaction to his first vaccine, he also has a pretty severe ear infection, which is causing him a lot of pain. Although the vet appointment wasn't enjoyable - for either of us! - I'm glad he's now getting treated, and his ears will feel better. Poor little man.

Bryan and I are still exhausted from the very little sleep we got last night ... but the puppy has been feeling good enough to nap all day. I feel like we're starting a very bad nocturnal cycle, but I can't get him to wake up enough to play ... or do anything, really. Oh well. I know this phase is short, even if it is really painful at times.

We really hope the puppy feels better ASAP, that all THREE of us manage to get a good night's sleep tonight & that our neighbors will be tolerant and forgiving. We'll see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment