Friday, March 21, 2014

Spring Hat Parade & Grandparents

Today was such a lovely day, truly. I wasn't sure exactly what to expect because the last few nights I've had a really hard time getting comfortable enough to sleep (which, admittedly, makes me a little crabby), but I got to sleep in a bit, Bryan and I had lunch together and I got some grading done this morning/early afternoon.

Then it was time for Primrose's Annual Spring Hat Parade! This means all of the classes make cute Spring-themed hats and learn a song to sing for their parents. I was so upset when I missed Clara's Valentine's Day Party because I had to get x-rays that you better believe I wasn't going to miss this!

According to Clara's teacher, Mrs. A, Clara and all of the kiddos were super enthusiastic as they walked down the hallway, singing the song and dancing and oinking, but then once they walked in the room and saw all these random people sitting there they shut down pretty quickly. I don't blame them - that's got to be confusing!!


 

 Here's the video of Clara's class' performance. They went first as the youngest class (Toddler 1) who could actually "walk" in a parade :) I suppose it makes sense that the infants skip out on this particular activity.


People, my hormones must in serious overdrive because I laughed AND cried during this parade, and not just during my child's performance! (I realize this is ridiculous. Settle down, hormones!)

After all of the classes had gone Bryan and I went to pick up Clara in her classroom. She was SO PROUD of herself and showed us her hat and dance moves. She even WANTED me to take a picture of her in her pretty Spring Pig Hat :)

 

AND she was super proud to show me her daily sheet because SHE ATE AT SCHOOL FOR THE 4TH DAY IN A ROW!!! HALLELUJAH AND PRAISE THE LORD! 
Yay Clara!!

Since Bryan and I had to park rather far away, Dada went to get the car while Clara hung out and waited. She gave me quite the grumpy face when he walked away :) 
I can't help it. I love it.
There's the cute grin we love!
 There was no way Missy was going to be taking off her hat in the car or at home, so she sported it all afternoon - all the way until bath time!

I love this random video. I was mostly interested in just watching her in her hat, but she answers the phone in an adorable way, says "Amen" before every cheese cracker, and "thank you" which I've been meaning to capture. It's just too cute! (but warning, it is a bit long)

Love this screen shot :)



Then, since Dada was still at the post office after dropping us off after the parade, I took Clara and the puppies outside to enjoy the beautiful weather today. After we had been out about 30 minutes running around, playing on her truck, and playing with the ball, Lulu and Papa showed up! Clara LOVES her Lulu and Papa. They are so much more fun than Mommy and Dada after all :)

Playing with the ball with Papa:

Cutie Pie
Video:

Then we all worked to get all of our moving boxes out of the attic of our garage to give to Lulu & Papa for all their packing purposes. 


Clara was a big help carrying the little boxes from the garage to the truck! Kept asking for "mo', mo'" (her "more") She is such a wonderful helper! 

Can you guess who is behind the box?
 Oh, Miss Clara.

Phew. That was a lot of work. After a snack and drink and story, Clara showed Lulu and Papa her favorite toddler exhaustion machine toy!

This video of Clara playing Ring Around the Rosie over and over and over cracks me up:

And here's one of Daddy playing with her too:


So much fun! (And such an awesome investment. This child sleeps soooooo well after some outside play time and bouncing time!

Then she sent some love to Meemaw and Papaw while Papa was visiting with them (SO SWEET):

And after a fun bath time with her sweet grandparents, Clara and Papa finished up their evening with a peanut butter sandwich and a story, where Papa taught Clara how to "choo choo" properly - motion and all:

She is out cold upstairs :) I love days like today! Hoping for some great rest tonight to get us rested up for the rodeo tomorrow - whoo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment