Thursday, March 13, 2014

Tiny Two gives us a trial run

So this morning was rather exciting. I woke up and started to feel a little trickle of liquid after a few rather painful contractions. I thought, "uh oh, maybe my water broke?"

I called the doctor and told her I wasn't sure because it wasn't a big gush like it was with Clara, but I thought I might have had my water break. They decided to have me come in and check.

Thinking this might be my last morning pregnant I took a quick photo:

And then attempted a couple of selfies with my first born :)


Gosh I love her smiles!

I reallllllly stressed my Mom out as we got ready to go to the hospital, not sure if it was "the" day or not. 

When we got there they did a fluid test and it turned out negative. She said it was very possible to get negative results even when positive, especially if it's a small amount of leaking. Then she told us that if it IS my water breaking that we would do a c-section this morning and Bryan wasn't going to be able to make it back in time. Mom and I were both praying FERVENTLY that it would be negative, that either it would be a fluke or that God would close it up so Bryan could make it home in time. Whichever the case is - they decided to send me home!

But not before Edith got the hiccups:
 

The really loud noises between the swishes (her heartbeat) are the hiccups :)
And we got to see her on the ultra sound to make sure there was still plenty of fluid, which thankfully there is.

So I may be leaking very small amounts, but not enough to be a concern yet. And I'm still contracting semi-regularly. We'll see what happens!! Either way Bryan will be home TONIGHT, thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment