Friday, July 16, 2010

Bryan Knows

Last night we stayed up pretty late while I finished another PPR activity and tried to finish composing another Letter of Interest and further correspondence with principals. Bryan was sweet enough to stay up with me reading over my shoulder because the more I got bleary eyed I started writing silly things like "you's can" or "McDouble' instead of "McDougle". (Oops!)

Once we finally felt that I was far enough to go to bed, I laid there thinking for what felt like forever, unable to sleep. Some point later, I'm not sure if Bryan still awake or already asleep and woke up, but he rolled over looked at his phone for a few minutes and quoted these verses to me:

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own"
Philippians 4:34



Then Bryan said, "It's your job to sleep. It's God's job to figure everything out. Quit worrying." Sure enough - I fell asleep!
I know several others are right now worrying about financial security, employment, conflict, health or a family member. It's a nice reminder that there's a plan and we don't need to worry.

I'm about to head out for another day of training. Maybe it'll be fun too!

No comments:

Post a Comment