Saturday, July 31, 2010

We moved!

Oh my goodness!

To start from the beginning, Bryan & I woke up Friday morning and started hauling furniture close to the street so by the time Mom arrived to College Station with the U-Haul we could start loading up. It was HOT. I now believe that water, Gatorade, AND Sonic drinks are all essential items for moving in a heat index of 115 degrees. Mom, Bryan & I were really starting to struggle with the heat during the afternoon.

We didn't fully appreciate how much time all of the "little" stuff could take to find a place for, or last minute cleaning. We didn't think we'd have a problem getting to Houston in plenty of time for our 5pm move-in, but it turned out that we barely made it by 6pm when the office closes! What a stressful drive!

By the time we arrived at our new apartment complex, signed our lease, and received our keys, Laura, Collin, Steven, Grady, Dad & Mom were there and ready to help us unload! Maybe I should clarify and say "unload" + carry everything up 3 flights of stairs...
They were AMAZING!! They worked so incredibly hard to help us move. I honestly don't think we could have done it without them.

Here is some documentation of the hot and sweaty business of moving:


Feeling exhausted, quite damp, and ready for pizza :)



Mom & Laura helped by starting to get the kitchen organized after making many trips up the stairs themselves. Plus Laura gave me my very first "teaching" gift!!! How cute is this basket of teaching goodies!?

The only real causality was my big toe. It is huge and swollen today. Otherwise I think it was mostly everyone was just tired! Bryan and I were a little sore this morning ... especially feet & knees :)


We're home, we're home!

We now live at Legacy Pines. Come and see us!

No comments:

Post a Comment