Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Catching Up

There's the possibility that not everyone knows what's been going on with us for the last little while. So here's a "quick" summary of all the happenings of major importance in the last year and a half or so:

Bryan proposed to me on December 13, 2009.


I love the fact that it was actually a HUGE surprise for me! My parents were out of town in Colorado, so we celebrated with his family at his Grandparents' house and at Baker's Street that night with friends (the photo on the left) and then with my parents the following day (the photo on the right) at their house.

Soon after in May, 2009 Bryan and I both graduated from Texas A&M University. I do love to point out that I graduated a WHOLE day earlier!
Many, MANY thanks (again) to Chuck, Shari, Grady, Meemaw, Papaw, Grandma, Tricia, Dwayne, Ronnie, Celina, Roger, Lety, MeMaw and Paw for joining us, sitting through very long ceremonies and making our graduation days so extra special!



Bryan started working at Brazos Technology in June and shortly thereafter September 19, 2009 rolled around!!!! THAT was a good day :)



Mr. and Mrs. Evans!!

We honeymooned in Maui for a week, which was AWESOME.
We spent half the time in a B&B in Lahaina on the west side of the island going scuba diving, parasailing, playing on the beach and checking out a pineapple vineyard and the volcano.
We spent the second half of the week in a B&B in Hana in the much rainier east side of the island doing lots and lots of hiking to see waterfalls and bamboo forests.

We came home and moved into our first place together, a fourplex in College Station, TX. I worked as a substitute teacher for a little while and then as a full-time helping teacher while earning my special education certification.

We've got lots of stories about this little fourplex ... involving exploding doors, smoke, wallpaper, snakes in the bed, flooding sinks, crazy washers & ridiculous A/C units. But talking about all of that would just make me sound whiny ... and it's almost over anyway! Plus, no matter how much you hate a place, it's impossible to have no fond memories of the place you first live together!

We've also spent time visiting Denver, hanging out with friends, enjoying my parents' new house (and boat and jet ski!), attending the weddings of friends and family, playing board games and Wii, spending lots of time with family and falling even more in love (as cheesy as that sounds).

I promise I'll stick to the present as much as possible from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment