Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Education Overload

Bryan and I have been feeling a little overwhelmed lately because of all the changes, decisions to be made, and uncertainty we have going on right now. Bryan's been handling it pretty well, but I've been feeling very stressed out.

Here's what's going on:
I'm currently taking a PPR class to meet my teacher certification requirements. It's been requiring me to dedicate about 30 hours a week simply to keep up with the reading, complete the activities, and study for the exams.

I'm studying for the Generalist EC-6 TExES exam (which I take next Wednesday, July 21st.) Passing this test is what will probably make the difference between me finding a teaching job for next year or not. I have thankfully already passed the Special Education EC-12 exam.

I am trying to keep track of all of the different school district's openings, writing letters of interest, and making contact with principals. (Thank you so much Lety for all of your help.)

I have also been interviewing, which although very positive, is also pretty stressful and nerve-wracking. I interviewed today with Klein's Director of Secondary Education and Director of Elementary Education. I really hope they were happy with me and will recommend me to principals in their district.

I feel SWAMPED with education stuff!!

We are also a little concerned about our upcoming move. Our lease is up on July 31st, but we don't know where we will move to yet.


Thankfully we have lots of friends and family that are devoted prayer warriors!!

We would really appreciate it if you could continue praying for us. Specifically:
- Patience and wisdom concerning the upcoming move
- That I pass the Generalist EC-6 exam and find a teaching position soon
- That Bryan & I maintain positive attitudes and remember how blessed we are instead of worrying


Okay - I'm done complaining!! Now I just gotta get back to it. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment