Monday, July 19, 2010

Thanks, Doc

Have you ever noticed that when you go to the doctor's office you spend about an hour doing nothing in ratio to the 5 minutes you actually see the doctor?

But I guess if you're at the point to where you need to see a doctor, you're willing to do it anyway! I finally broke down last week and scheduled an appointment with my ENT. Thank goodness he was able to fit me in today. I'm not sure how much longer I would have lasted and remained sane.

I had some fairly large sized polyps on my left side. Very unpleasant. However, he did what he could to get rid of some of it and I'm about to pick up an antibiotic from Walgreens to hopefully get rid of them completely. The good news is that this is first time I've had any problems since my last sinus surgery this past December.

Thank goodness for medical mercies!!

Plus I was able to get lots of reading done without any distractions at the doctor's office. I feel like I've got a pretty good grip on Preschool through 6th grade social studies now :)
Remember the Alamo! ... and all that other stuff.

Trivia Question: Does anyone know how Texas got its name?
(Hint: Indian Interaction)

3 comments:

  1. Ooh ooh! The name originated from the Caddo Indian word for "friends." Thanks for giving me a chance to use HIST226 knowledge that I had previously considered useless :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marissa you are AWESOME! Yes ma'am. Thanks for contributing to today's history lesson!

    ReplyDelete