Thursday, July 8, 2010

Roy G. Biv

Thanks to the tropical storms moving in from the Gulf, several areas in Mexico and south Texas are concerned about the huge quantities of rain they have already received and will continue to receive. Rain is nice, flooding not so great.

Here in College Station we've been getting our share of rain lately too! It's off and on, and last night a little before 8pm this is what Bryan and I (and lots of other people) saw:



A DOUBLE-rainbow!!!

The picture does not even begin to do the rainbows justice. What was even more incredible was that we were able to see both ends of the rainbows, but couldn't get a photo with the whole thing visible, there were too many buildings in the way.

I always enjoy re-reading the story of Noah, and seeing these verses:
12 And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life.
Genesis 9:12-15

A little reassuring given all of the rain we're about to get during hurricane season, right?

For those that don't remember their elementary science classes, Roy G. Biv is a great way to remember the order of the colors on the rainbow:
Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, & Violet

Enjoy all the coming rain and (try to) stay dry!!

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering what Roy G. Biv meant as your title - and of course I do not remember my elementary science classes!
    Great photo

    ReplyDelete