Thursday, July 15, 2010

Classroom Management

Today I was required by my Alternative Certification Program to attend an all day training on the topic Classroom Management. Historically their training days have not been overly thrilling, but today went pretty well! I think they made a good call to coordinate our PPR activities (which are also about Classroom Management right now) with the training, because we were actually able to contribute more. Tomorrow we have another all day training (two in a row!?) on CPI. They told us to "dress comfortably".... I wonder what that means we're going to be doing??

Each day we get closer to August I can't help but get more and more crazy excited about my future classroom & students!! Now I just need the job! I am DETERMINED to be a good teacher! If hard work & will power are what it takes, it will happen.

Plus now I've got a very firmly grounded idea of how to actually logistically manage a classroom full of 20 very excited and squirrely youngsters :) Parents and my future principal will be thrilled, haha. Apparently positive expectations, engaging learning activities, a few broad rules and a planned procedure for every little thing are all it takes ... I guess I'll find out one way or the other!


In other news, we are still loving Netflix!!
It's taken a bit of a backseat in our fairly hectic schedules lately, but still, who can resist the 3 Ninjas? We have to decompress at some point, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment