Monday, December 13, 2010

"The best teacher in the whole world" :)

Today was Day #1 of the Week-Before-Christmas-Holidays at school. All of the teachers at school were encouraged to dress holiday-ish, and we're even allowed to wear t-shirts to do it! I have a Joy to the World Mickey Mouse shirt I'll wear tomorrow :) However, check out the awesome sweater I wore today! I was rocking the button Christmas tree :) I actually got lots of compliments on it. It probably is a little old for me .... but I'm an elementary teacher! It's socially appropriate for me to wear holiday sweaters, haha.



THEN, one of the sweetest little boys in my class shyly gave this to me. I would like to quote him because it was priceless, "Ms. Evans, I know that because you're baptized, you believe in Christmas too! I wanted to give you a Christmas gift because you're the best teacher in the whole world. I love you, Ms. Evans." Gold star!! It was so sweet. It's also the first Christmas present I've ever received from a student, so that makes it pretty special too. Can you tell that he traced his foot and hands on construction paper and then cut them out and glued them together to make a reindeer? Plus chocolate! Yum!



Once I got home it was time to finish up the gifts for my fellow teachers. Bryan helped me out since it's a little tricky to hold, cut and tie ribbon with only two hands. I think I could have managed it, but Bryan made it much easier. Thanks, dude!



Anyway, in other news: they poured the concrete for our foundation today! I'm planning to drive by either tomorrow or Wednesday afternoon to see it. It's really happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment