Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wowzers

Today was super busy, and a little of just plain ... crazy.

First, we went to work. Yes, we know, it's a tough deal but we all gotta do it :) However, at school today one of my kindergarteners became really angry with my instructions (which were to sit down in his chair instead of doing donkey kicks off his desk at other children ... I am unreasonable, after all), and told me that I was a "mean, mean teacher" and shoved the "whatever" hand towards my face. To calm down, I stepped away to another student to help them - and to count to 10. Then the angry child threw a pair of scissors at the back of my head, narrowing missing me (I felt them move past my ear) and instead hit the child I was working with. Not good.

As bad as that sounds, that's kind of what my whole week has been like. I was told that the closer to the holidays we get, and the weird changes in weather we are experiencing right now will make the behavior of all of my students to take a turn for the worse. This is really bad news, because we still have SEVEN more days of school before the holidays.
I've never taken the song "I'll be HOME for Christmas" so literally ... I WON'T BE AT WORK! Whoop!

After work, I rushed over to our soon-to-be neighborhood for the Pre-Construction meeting Bryan and I were having with our builder. It took about an hour, and our builder was really nice about answering all of our questions - and giving us information I didn't even know to ask for. Update: Pouring the concrete slab Friday morning! Framing starts next Wednesday!

I would have a picture for you from today when we stopped by the house, but it was really dark outside and there were still 4 workers out there who were clearly getting the creeps from us looking around. I snapped one picture, scared them to death with the flash - and wouldn't you know it's not even a good picture!? Oh well. Paw and MeMaw are going to help us out by taking a few pictures tomorrow so we'll have one of what it looks like right before the foundation, and then we'll head out on Friday to see what it looks like after! Too cool.

After checking out the house, Bryan and I drove to MeMaw and Paw's house to visit for a little while, and by the time we left we decided to not cook but splurge on fast food. Yummmy Taco Cabana :) I do enjoy their flautas every now and then.

And guess what!? Tomorrow's THURSDAY which means Science Lab AND Computer Lab! I looooove Thursdays :) That's lots of time when they are occupied with things other than misbehaving - woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment