Sunday, December 12, 2010

Christmas Party & Bridal Shower

Friday afternoon was Nitsch's Christmas Party at Los Cucos. I wasn't positive if I wanted to go or not, but since we were allowed to take a guest (Bryan), I decided I would at least give it a try. If it turned out to be miserable, Bryan would be there to help me escape :) Thankfully, it went just fine! For some reason our principals were all really late showing up, so everyone was having a margarita and enjoying fajitas before they got there. Many of the other teachers that I enjoy at school were there, and we just talked and met many of their spouses. After the party, a 2nd grade teacher I've become friends with, Kahra, and her husband, Bryce, came over to our place to have some margaritas, which was fun!

Saturday Bryan and I got up nice and early to run what felt like a 1,000 errands, haha. Steinmart, Michaels, and needed to go to Bed, Bath and Beyond to get the gift for Laura's shower that was happening that afternoon - nothing like putting things off until the very last minute! oops! We actually ran out of time before we could finish everything.

Bryan dropped me off at the Powell's house at 2pm for Laura's Bridal Shower, and went back home to play Playstation with Collin, Laura's fiance. Meanwhile, I knew absolutely no one, so I tried to make small talk with strangers - which thankfully isn't usually too hard for me :)

Now it's Sunday! Church this morning, we're going to eat a quick bite and then run all the other many errands we didn't get to yesterday morning, haha. I'm also going to make a ton of Puppy Chow to put in the cute boxes I bought for my coworkers. Thankfully I finished wrapping all of the gifts for my students already!

What a busy weekend. I'm counting down the next 5 days .... 2 weeks of Christmas vacation? Yes please!!

No comments:

Post a Comment