Thursday, December 30, 2010

Now that it's almost New Years ...

... I think I owe a Christmas post!
(Why does it seem that I'm ALWAYS behind?)

Before you start to read this ... be warned that it is VERY long. And if you happen to know of better ways to manage photos on blogger than using it's normal interface, PLEASE let me know!!

First, on December 23rd there was a very merry early Christmas with my family, which this year included my parents, Bryan, Grady AND Marissa - my future sister in law as of about two weeks ago if you remember one of my recent posts :) We had a super time and got lots of really awesome gifts, including a KINDLES! (whoop) for Mom, Marissa, Grady & I, camo gear and a fire pit for Bryan, an Ipad (whoa) and all the gadgets that go with it for Dad, and more. Bryan also got me a beautiful necklace :) He's 2 for 2 with jewelry so far. Good job, dude! I would post a picture but I don't have one, so I'll have to get to that later ... sorry.







Then on Christmas Eve, all the Meloys got together and visited Papaw at the Rehab center! We had the full fixings for dinner - ham, turkey, cheesy potatoes, green bean casserole, etc. Yum! Then we exchanged gifts. I don't think many of us even really noticed while we were there and having so much fun that we were not at the M&M Ranch per usual. I think everyone had a blast.

First, Papaw had to make an entrance by walking in though :) And then we had dinner:



Then gifts:









While Dad played Santa:



And then we took group photos with the whole crew & the grandkids with Meemaw & Papaw:



And finally, on Christmas Day Bryan & I headed over to Meemaw & Paws' house for Christmas lunch and gifts with the Evans' family! And nope, we weren't tired of celebrating with family yet :) Lunch was wonderful, and the conversations with everyone were great. David & Beverly even made an appearance for a little while!





Somehow I didn't take as many pictures at the Evans'. I think my camera was running out of steam and memory space, haha. It was so good to see everyone. Ralph, Zulma & the kiddos - you were missed!

What a WONDERFUL 3 day Christmas :) Thank you everyone! We LOVE hanging out with family! What better time of the year is there?

(Unless it's summer with no school (*ahem* no work) and we get to hang out then too, haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment