Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A 0.5th floor and bowling

Today was a little slow at first ... I'm not used to so much extra time on my hands! (I'm not complaining!) I've almost finished our Christmas cards, thank goodness, because I'm way ready to send those off! I feel so bad about being late this year. Oh well.

I then ran to Compass to deposit a check, visit MeMaw and Paw, and then joined MeMaw and Paw on a quick trip to the house to take a look at the progress - and there was definitely progress since just Sunday! Most notable: we now have a second story!!

The window up at the top that you're seeing will be in the Bonus Room upstairs.



Here's MeMaw & Paw!



This is the window seat in the kitchen. I think I was mostly so excited about the fact that I could really pick out details - where the pantry was, the bar, the closets, etc. It's really taking some shape and character.



Ta-Da - STAIRS!!



I think the view from the back of the house really shows the progress they're making with our second story. Granted, it won't really be a "second story" - it's a 0.5, but it is on top of the first story, so it just makes sense to call it that...



After checking out the house (and wandering all through the downstairs), I left to go to Chilis, meeting Bryan, Tyler & a friend from work, Samantha, there. After Chilis we went bowling. I am a TERRIBLE bowler, but it was lots of fun :) And finally we wrapped up the evening with some gelato, yuummmm!

So far Christmas vacation gets 2 thumbs way up!

Final request: Please keep my Papaw and the rest of the Meloy family in your prayers. He's still in the hospital and we're doing our best to get him well and up and moving again. Much love to everyone and thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment