Sunday, December 12, 2010

School Christmas Gifts

It's the holiday season! I really wanted to give all of my students a Christmas gift, and several of my co-workers as well. Nothing big or expensive - but something meant to make the children smile and make my co-workers feel loved and a little festive :)

First, the gifts for the kiddos. I got each student a puzzle, a thing of play dough and a candy cane. The puzzles for the girls are all glittery, and the ones for the boys have a soft fuzzy feeling. I did make sure to personalize them with a tag, so that even though they are all similar gifts, the students would still know that theirs was really meant especially for them. Wrapping all 18 of them took a while but I think the results are cute!



Then today I made a whole lot of Puppy Chow. It's a salty/sweet snack that always makes me think of the Christmas season. This is me making a mess with all of the chocolate, peanut butter, butter, cereal, vanilla and chex mix everywhere :)



Many thanks to Bryan for helping me fill up the bags:



Each bag is going into one of the adorable little holiday themed boxes! These boxes are awesome because they work well as decorations as well as "wrapping" Christmas gifts to others. I found them on sale at Michaels. I was initially looking for tins, but these were just so much cuter. I'm going to wrap them in ribbon as well, so it does feel more like a gift that they get to open.



I hope everyone likes them! I've also been working on family and friend Christmas gifts. It's hard for me to get all of this done while we're still in school, so thankfully we still have a week that we're on vacation before Christmas so I have time to finish up everything else!!

I'm a little irked with the place I ordered our Christmas cards from because they lost our order, argued with me about shipping and FINALLY re-printed them and re-mailed them. I would like to point out that I ordered them November 12 - in PLENTY of time to mail them out before Christmas.... but I actually won't be able to until this coming week. Doh. They are coming though, so look for them in the mail towards the end of next week! I love Christmas time!


No comments:

Post a Comment