Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Lulu

Today's post is a tardy one. There is a woman who has, without exception, been a caring, helpful, and dedicated Lulu from the day she found out I was pregnant with Clara over two and half years ago.

Through two difficult pregnancies, a miscarriage, a broken hip, two c-sections, and their subsequent recoveries (one with an active toddler), she has been there. In times where there isn't anything dramatic like surgery happening, she has been there.

Ballet lessons, doctor's appointments, shopping, parties, etc. For all of it, she's been there.

She's washed dishes for us, done tons of laundry, wrestled Clara into the bathtub, and rocked Emma to sleep on nights when I was about to fall over from exhaustion. 

While we don't see each other every day, on the days I'm desperate, she's guaranteed to be there.

I try to return the favor and help when I can, but there's no way I can reciprocate all of the help she's given me.

I hope she knows how loved she is. Clara practically worships her "Woowoo" and Emma smiles at her voice. I love spending time with her. I love that she's become a friend and not just a parental figure as I've grown older. I enjoy our conversations, our banter, and the emotional support we can provide one another.

I'm sorry I let you down today, Mom.
But I want to make sure you know (and so does everyone else!) how amazing you are.

1 comment:

  1. I love you and your beautiful family too. Things happen and I know you didn't mean to fall in to an exhausted deep sleep. Take care of yourself because you are not replaceable.

    ReplyDelete