Sunday, September 16, 2012

Carpe a couple of Kairoses a day

A friend of mine shared this article with me, figuring I would enjoy it.

She absolutely figured right!


The last several paragraphs are my favorite. This has become a focus of mine each day.

Today a few of my Karioses were:
- My sweet baby was dressed in a cute outfit, wrapped in a lightweight blanket, clinging to my shirt, and just smiling at me like I was her favorite person in the world. I just soaked up that cuddle time.
- Bryan's warm hug this morning. I have a hardworking, affectionate, loving husband who tries very hard to be the best possible Daddy. How I savored that moment with him.
- Working on lesson plans this evening, and realizing how lovely it is to have a laptop, textbooks, electricity and the education to be able to do this. How awesome it is to be *this* excited about a lesson plan on maps - and how fun several of my students will think it is. Such a good feeling.

I may have had more - but I know I had at least 3, and THOSE are worth every moment of Chronos time that may not have been the easiest.

I'm so grateful to this writer and to my friend for sharing!

For the last 4 days since I've read this my attitude has been more positive, knowing it's OKAY to not "love" every minute of parenting, or teaching, or keeping house for my husband, but that I LOVE "having" parented, planned, and been a good wife today. I am blessed. I am grateful for this validation.

"Carpe a couple of Kairoses a day!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment