Sunday, September 9, 2012

Date Night

A couple of weeks ago Bryan & I went on our first date post-baby by ourselves. Our sweet friends, Mary & Jeff, volunteered to babysit CB, and I finally got up enough guts to do it. It really helped that Mary is a medical professional who works in pediatrics! (She's probably better with Clara than I am...)

They arrived around 5, we showed them around the house and where all of Clara's diapers, wipes, changes of clothes, etc. were. We left around 5:30 and had dinner at Saltgrass. It was so good. We may have even indulged in some adult beverages :)

After dinner we headed to the movie theatre to see Bourne Legacy. It was good! I'm not sure either of us thought it was better than the original trilogy, but it was still a fun movie to see.

Meanwhile, while all of this is happening, we were getting occasional photo updates from Mary & Jeff:


The puppies, of course, thought they were there for their benefit:
(Sorry about the crazy yellow eyes Mav's got. I can't figure out how to fix it)


Everyone looked happy - including the puppies! (I hope they didn't drive our friends crazy!)


Sound asleep in her swing:


Woke up for some cuddles:


Smiling away:


Once we got home we visited for a little while, thanked Mary & Jeff profusely for allowing Bryan and I to get out of the house by ourselves, and then got ready for bed because it was way past our usual bedtime! 

First date-night post baby:


It was wonderful, but it was also really nice to see our sweet girl again:


Swaddle, tuck & kisses goodnight:


I'm so glad we took them up on their offer! We didn't talk about baby-related things at all. And although I kept my phone handy in case of emergencies, I wasn't panicked or worried while we were gone.

Thank you Mary & Jeff!

1 comment:

  1. Aww! I just saw this! We were SO happy to hang out with CB! She's such a sweetie, and we'd love to do it again!! :-D -Mary

    ReplyDelete