Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Great Dove Hunt of 2012

 It's that time of year again: dove season! Bryan and I packed up our zoo (one tiny baby and 2 crazy pups) and headed to the Happy M Ranch in Cuero once I was done teaching Friday.

Maverick sitting on his sister on the drive down:

 To say Maverick & Goose were STOKED to see their cousin Murphy would be a complete understatement. They ran and ran and ran all afternoon and evening :) It was so funny, and they were exhausted. You'll have to look closely at this one, but there are 3 happy puppy dogs sprinting through the grass loving the lack of fences :)



Meanwhile, my parents and Meemaw & Papaw were there. Meemaw got to spend some quality time with her first great-grandbaby and took her for a stroll around the barn which Clara enjoyed:


The puppies taking a much needed break from running:


Grady and Goose bonding :)

 While most everyone went out to put a hurt on the doves, CB needed a wee nap that afternoon, so here she is snuggled up to me taking a siesta:


Mav & Murph fighting over a stick. The important things in life.


Love this action shot :)

Bedtime stories after some yummy tacos with the whole Meloy gang! Meemaw, Papaw, my parents, Bryan, Clara, & I, Grady & Marissa, Dwayne & Tricia, Kevin & his girlfriend Kelsey, Kyle, Jana & Keith, Blake, Reed, Regan & Garrett, and don't forget the 3 dogs: Maverick, Goose & Murphy. It was so wonderful to see everyone!

Playing with Daddy! Sill dressed in camo from the afternoon/evening dove hunt. I don't have any pictures because I didn't go. I've got a horrible sinus infection and just couldn't handle standing in sunflowers or breathing in all the ragweed. That's okay - next year :)


 Bathtime in the sink. Not as easy as our usual routine but at least she was clean :) Thanks Mom for bringing the sponge!


I think our dogs may have some entitlement issues :)


Goose is the only member of our family that slept well that night. It was by far the worst night's sleep we've had since the night we brought her home from the hospital. But Goose was cozy and unconcerned :) Poor Mav kept pacing the room trying to figure out what to do to help. Bryan and I just prayed she would finally go to sleep. Oh well.


First attempt to sleep in the Pack'n'Play:


The next morning CB took her first ride in the Limo with Nona, Aunt Jana, Meemaw & Regan. Bryan & I took showers and I played with the pups. So sweet :) And she loved it! So many fun things to look at.


Regan loved on our puppy dogs. Here she is with Murphy:


After getting back from the morning dove hunt:


On a mission to tour the property with Kelsey. Papaw loves to cruise around :)



Loving life at the ranch: 


  Just hanging out:


We visited for a while and Uncle Dwayne & Aunt Tricia prepared hamburgers for lunch. 


Visiting with family:

Meemaw and baby girl:

Napping on Mommy :)

I mentioned my dogs have entitlement issues right? :)

Sweet girl loves her fingers so matter how hard I try to get her to take a paci instead:

A tardy anniversary picture:

My awesome redneck family (so fun!) playing Annie Oakley BBGun & Beer Can style:

Watching:

Relaxed & happy:

Pooped out puppies on the ride home:

As always, thanks for providing such a fun place to get together, Mom & Dad!

1 comment:

  1. So fun! I hope you don't mind if I steal some of these pictures for my own blog...I think I only took 2 all weekend. Oops! So glad we got to see y'all :)

    ReplyDelete