Friday, May 23, 2014

Busy bee

It has been a crazy busy week!!! I've had plenty to blog about, but no time to do it.

Quick recap of the week's highlights:

I'M BACK AT IT! I'm signed up at the YMCA, my hip got the all clear, my OB gave me the all clear from my c-section, and now I can exercise again - hallelujah!

On Monday I was swamped with tons of doctor's appointments (see the above statement regarding OB and Orthopedic doc) so Tuesday began my new fitness routine. I bet Michelle and her two littles at the YMCA with Emma, and we dropped off the kids and went to the Body Combat class. It kicked my butt, people, but in a (mostly) good way :)

 


As you can see by the FitBit flower, I did well :) Whoo hoo!
Then I took a shower and snuggled with Emma as a reward.


Later that day Clara rock'n'roll'ed at Freebirds since kids eat free on Tuesdays there.


Wednesday, I didn't make it back to the gym because I spent the entire day at school. I had to move out of my old classroom and into my new classroom - so even without the gym I got lots of steps and stairs in. I had lots of students willing to snuggle Emma while Mom, Michelle and I worked after Emma got tired of hanging out in the K'tan.

 


The fabulous and fearless 11th and 12th graders:


I can't believe 5 of them will be graduating TONIGHT!!! I think it's awesome that I've been here for the entire time our high school has been around, and now we have our first graduating class. It's really awesome. I have the best job on the planet.

We got home from school around 3:30 and decided to take a quick siesta before picking up sissy. She looks so tiny!! She kept snoozing even after the alarm went off to wake me up to get up and get ready to go get Clara.


That night was the Legacy Admin/Teacher/Staff dinner at Lupe Tortilla. Sadly this picture came out super blurry, but you can see both Michelle & I with our wee ones. 
The dinner was great! Yummy, with excellent conversation. I also got to learn some new and unexpected things about some of my co-workers :) Loved being there.


Thursday I got up and went back to the YMCA for what they call their "Smart Start" program. They get you hooked up with their Fit Links program, and  help you set up a fitness plan. It's actually probably one of the best gym starts I've ever had. I'm really excited about it!
(And between the Body Combat class and then my intro to Fit Links, I am so sore!! In a hurts-so-good kind of way.)

Rewarded this time with Emma snuggles and smiles :)

Megan made the sweet headband for her - isn't it adorable!?

Thursday night was our MOPS Mom's Night Out, and I'm actually going to make a separate post for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment