Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tuesday Happenings

For some reason our sweet girl is a crazy child starting around 8pm and lasting until 11pm or so. It started this past week and it's really frustrating to know she's unhappy and there's really nothing we can do to comfort her. There's a lot of tag teaming involved, because it's hard to pace around, hold a baby, and NOT get irritated that nothing's helping the poor girl. This happened with Clara too - it's brutal, people.

In other words Bryan is currently taking a turn trying to calm her down so I'm going to quickly blog about today!

While I was showering and getting ready this morning, Emma had her "no no, Mom, keep it down in there" hand up :) Mayyyyybe she needs an earlier bedtime (see above). Doh.

These dogs crack me up sometimes. Oh Goose.

Despite Emma be colicky and grumpy lately, I HAVE to get some school stuff done. Today we alternating nursing, rocking and bouncing while I tried to grade research papers in the recliner. Not the easiest thing in the world to do, but I did manage to get several more done.


She looks so peaceful - such a contrast from the racket in the other room, bless her heart.

A moment for me to pee! hooray! annnnd she's cute
Clara's class picture was posted today. She's on the bottom row, 2nd from the left. Cracks me up. Also: how the heck did they get all these kids to stand/sit still long enough for a photo!? amazing.

Then I had the brilliant idea to walk in the heat from our house to Primrose to go pick Clara up. Oh my gosh. EXCELLENT workout people. 2 1/2 miles there:


Not a horrible time for pushing a very heavy stroller and walking 2 dogs up and down the hilly sidewalk in the heat. Not great time, but not bad.

Then we started walking back and Clara had a bit of a poopy explosion. Then Emma had a HUGE explosion - we are talking poop up to her ears, people. No wonder she was cranky earlier.

Clara kept pointing and saying "my wah wah!" at the river
On the way back you'll notice the time is shorter, that's not because I picked up speed, but because after cleaning up two poopy children with 2 dogs and a couple of wipes I was just about done in. Plus my feet were killing me, so Bryan picked us up with a mile to go on his way home. Phew.
(Do you think less of me? I was relieved!)


When we got home Clara decided that Emma (I almost wrote Molly!) needed a hat and a paci.

Such a good, confused sport

Teeny tiny toes
Then I got back to grading with company while Bryan put Clara to bed!

It's not a glamorous life, but maybe it makes for some mildly interesting reading? :)

Okay, my turn to get get the sad little one. Pray she falls asleep ASAP so we can too!

No comments:

Post a Comment