Sunday, May 18, 2014

Weekend Part Duo: Embracing Cultural Diversity

We did not make it to church today. Both children were screaming their heads off as we tried to leave and then Emma spit up all down the front of my shirt and Clara kept telling us she had to poop over and over and over. We went back inside and decided to do a quick kid friendly Bible study lesson on our own rather than pull our hair out at church. Turns out they didn't really calm down until later so it was a good call.

Anyway, we had lunch with MeMaw and Paw, and then Clara refused a nap while Emma took at nap on me while I graded essays, and Bryan went back to his grandparents' for a little while.





Then we decided to join my parents at their church's Spring Fair which is a fundraiser for their capital campaign.  Our previously no-nap-Clara took a short siesta in the car thank goodness.


There was food and a band and games and bouncy houses.
 


Clara isn't looking at the camera because her new little friend across the table with the pretty blue car had a GOLDFISH he won! whoa. Now I feel like Clara needs a fish. But I don't really want anything else that requires any maintenance right now, call me crazy.
 

Mariachi band! Clara doesn't look thrilled, but she did have fun listening and dancing. She was just getting pooped out.

Emma really liked the music - with the huge exception of the trumpets. No bueno.


We got home, made dinner, and played and read for a little while.
I LOVE this series of photos:
 


Sweet sweet girls of mine.

And to conclude this weekend's post, my proof that wee Emma really does like her thumb (when she can find it):

Short Video:

No comments:

Post a Comment