Saturday, July 6, 2013

Birthday Party Decor

 To start the posts off for Clara's Birthday Party: Pink Lemonade & Cupcakes theme, I thought I'd show you the decorations. Bryan & I rented our neighborhood's clubhouse for the day (Saturday, June 15), because I thought it would be fun to have the swimming pool and splash pad available. It worked out really well, I think.

All ready for little miss to try out her smash cake:

Note MeMaw & Paw's wooden highchair!
Plenty of lemonade capri suns and juice boxes for the kids ready to go:

 

Plus lemonade, pink lemonade, and water for adults that prefer an actual cup :)

 

The set up:

 

Clara's (obviously) homemade smash cake:

 

Marissa was AMAZING and made all of these yummy cupcakes: lemon with strawberry filling, and chocolate. Delicious.

 

Lemonade stand prop:

 

The table as everyone walked in. It had homemade party hats (never again!), the party favors (water bottles and juicebox holders), a gorgeous "year" frame that Mom gave me with a picture of Clara each month and then a big picture of her on her first birthday. It's even personalized with her name! I love it. The last thing on the table is a Time Capsule. It had instructions for guests to write things about Clara: what they thought she'd be involved in activity-wise, what she'd be most known for in high school, and what she would be when she grows up. I think I may do something like this each year to add to it, and then when she graduates from high school it will be so fun to read.

 

Banner and drinks:

 

Different banner and food - all of Clara's favorites! Goldfish, PB&J, raisins, chicken (Chicfila nugget tray), plus a few other things like a veggie tray, and watermelon. 

 

I designed this chalkboard sign, and then had it printed large. It made a fun decoration that told the guests a lot about Clara.

 

Close up of the entry table:

 

And.... Ronnie's hidden 50th birthday smash cake, ready to go!!
(couldn't leave it out or he would have figured out the surprise)


I think it all turned out really cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment