Tuesday, July 9, 2013

C-section Courage

I am an active member of a Mommy group for moms that were pregnant and due in May 2012. Technically I had Clara in June, but thankfully no one booted me out for that small detail :)

Today one of the women posted this blog article which spoke to me:

I still have moments of extreme disappointment that I had Clara by c-section. I worked my butt off trying to have the labor and delivery I wanted for us, and it didn't happen, and it's hard to not feel guilty about that. The most scared I've ever been in my life was on the operating table after hours of agonizing labor. I was so tired. And so I think I just really appreciated hearing that it takes a different kind of courage to handle having a c-section, recovering from one, and then dealing with the comments of "oh, that probably wasn't necessary" after.

If you're a c-section mom, you may know what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment