Friday, July 12, 2013

Family Stomach Flu


You know what's not too much fun?
A stomach bug for the whole family.

I admit it, I tend to be a "man up" kinda girl. I try very hard not to mentally eye roll at people who are always claiming to be sick with something. Almost all of us have discomfort of some kind - sinuses, allergies, stomach aches, sore joints, whatever. There are times when they are severe and totally worth mentioning and getting help for .... but sometimes I really wanna just say, "You'll live. Suck it up."
My sweet husband has heard that speech many times. Man Colds are apparently near-death experiences.  It's a good thing he loves me so much :)
[I am not a sympathetic person. It's one of my many flaws.]

I do, however, feel soooo bad for my poor baby girl. She's been running a low-grade fever, vomiting and has diarrhea. This is on top of the ear infection in her right ear. She doesn't need to man up at all - just cuddle, sleep, and cuddle some more. She's hardly eaten anything, and it's hard for me not to feel guilty for not nursing her anymore - because then she could comfort AND get some nutrition. Oh well. We are doing our best to keep her hydrated and comfortable.

Being such an active baby this has been hard for her. She wants to play, but just doesn't have the energy. 

Sadly, the entire family has the stomach bug. It's really unpleasant around here.
Positive side: the dogs do not have a stomach bug. Thank goodness. I don't know how much more vomit I can stand to clean up, yuck.

Please pray Clara feels better ASAP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment