Thursday, August 19, 2010

Classroom Prep Madness

I'm weary to the bone, but the last two days have been EXTREMELY productive, so I feel like I shouldn't complain :)

On Wednesday my Mom joined me at school at 3:30 once our In-Service day was technically over to help me get a move on in my classroom. Our administration kindly allowed us to stay until 11:30pm (if we needed to), so I thought it would be a good day to stay (much) later than usual. My classroom was mostly empty (except for the furniture arrangement) when we started, so we got a ton done. Then my fabulous husband showed up around 5:30 with his nice height to help us hang up the butcher paper and borders on the higher hanging bulletin boards and also (thankfully) to help me set up all 4 student computers.

Check Bryan out in the very, very, very tiny but cute Kindergarten chair :)



And here is my Mom being her awesome self and hanging up letters for my Reading Wall:



And because I usually don't end up in photos, here's a picture one of them took of me finishing off a bulletin board (proof I do things too!):



And here is the final product so far!! (Although it looks pretty different after today):



It's coming along nicely! We left around 9:20pm.

Today (which I'm almost positive is Thursday...) we attended meetings and then had the afternoon to get together in our grade level groups and then to work in our classrooms and get a ton of stuff that isn't done yet, done. Does that even make sense?

So I was able to really start getting organized! There is very left to do to finish off the classroom by itself and I have everything I need to finish it (although I may need to borrow another set of hands from either family or co-workers one more time). But I have a ton of other stuff left to do: lesson plans, parent letter, conduct folders, Tuesday folders, etc etc etc.... yes, it's a very long list :( And a very intimidating one at that! However, there is still tomorrow afternoon and Saturday when things can be done! Yay!

Can't wait to show y'all finished classroom photos!! Those kiddos are showing up on Monday whether I'm ready or not, so I better get ready. (And get some sleep!)

No comments:

Post a Comment