Friday, August 27, 2010

I'm Alive!!

... and so are all of my students!

SUCCESS.

This week was a little rough, as I was told the first week of a brand new Kindergarten class would be, BUT I love them already and I think each day will continue to get better. Especially now that we truly have curriculum we can start adding to our day instead of mostly just rules/procedures and busy work. (Yuck.)

My team of fellow Kinder teachers have really been helpful and I've got some other mentors throughout the school that have been checking on me each day to give kind words, encouragement, a pat on the back or some much needed (and asked for!) advice. There are some incredibly amazing people that work at my school. In fact, I'm about to go get some margaritas and mexican food with one of them to celebrate the conclusion of week 1! :)
(A strawberry margarita almost always makes things at least a little better!)

AND.... Bryan's done at Brazos Technology! He's officially a Houston-dude. He's been such a wonderful help and encouragement to me this week. He deserves some bragging on :)
He has an interview next week so keep your fingers crossed.

I have some hilarious school stories to tell already. Have you heard of the show "Kids Say the Darnest Things?" Oh my goodness, it's so true. They are so funny without even meaning to, and I love it. Unfortunately I also have some not-so-good stories already too, but those aren't much fun so I prefer to think about the really positive (or at least funny) bits of each day.

Week 1 out of 36 can now be checked off!

No comments:

Post a Comment