Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sundays are the best - and busiest!

We started our morning with a much earlier church service than we usually attend, but it was well worth it to get a start on finding a new church home now that we've moved! I don't think I'm a very good natural "fisher of men" so it was good to reminded of what I'm supposed to be doing.

Getting started early also meant we were able to get a whole lot done today:

1. Church with the Powells
2. Visited Nitsch Elementary for a tour of the building & to see my new classroom!!
3. Went to the Amish Barn in Old Town Spring to order our new dining room chairs :)
4. Had lunch in Old Town Spring
5. Drove downtown to look around The Dump & Fry's
6. Visited a woman in downtown who has left teaching & was getting rid of a ton of great children's books for early readers

I'm not sure how many miles we drove total and I'm not really sure I want to know, but it was a really good day to spend with Bryan.

Pictures of the chair we ordered (note that the colors will be very different when we get them in a couple of months):



So exciting!! Can't wait to start having people over for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment