Saturday, August 28, 2010

Just keep planning

Slept in - check!
3 hours of e-Instruction Training - check!
2 ENTIRE weeks of social studies lesson planning for the Kindergarten team - check!

Plus Bryan and I knocked out all of the laundry that has continued to accumulate at an alarming rate these last couple of weeks. And he vacuumed.

Whoop.

My plan for the rest of the weekend includes trying to get all of MY lesson plans done for this week and even some of the next week if possible. Our grade level divides up the lesson planning by subject, so Social Studies HAD to be done, but I still need to take everything the other teachers put together for ELA, Math and Science + my Social Studies stuff into an actual plan for each day. I think you'd be a little surprised at how long lesson planning takes - at least for a newbie. I'm hoping I get quicker at it the more I do it. In addition to the plans I also have to prepare the materials needed for each lesson. Poor Bryan's really learning what it means to be the spouse of a teacher!! :) He very sweetly did some coloring for me yesterday, haha. He's also an expert pencil sharpener!

We're about to watch Braveheart and eat some pizza, yumm. I think this is the first time I've truly felt this much relief that it's the weekend! Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment