Monday, August 2, 2010

Floor > Chairs

Mom & I took on the furniture stores of Houston today!

Bryan's Dad, Ronnie, built us this incredible table:



But since we've been moving around so much (and in pretty shoddy places) we haven't moved it into our place until now so we wouldn't damage it during all of the transitions. Now that we feel comfortable using it, we moved it into our new apartment! However, we gave away our very large, khaki colored fabric chairs to people who lived close to us in College Station who needed some so we literally don't have any chairs.

Today, Mom & I were on a serious mission. She was looking for a sectional coach for their media room upstairs, and I was looking for 6 "casual" dining room chairs. Neither of us found exactly what we were looking for, despite looking in: Rooms To Go, Ashley Furniture, The RoomStore, Star Furniture, Gallery Furniture, Castle Furniture, Affordable Furniture & Diamond Furniture. (We did drive to The Dump as well not realizing that they were only open on the weekends. Oops.) Mom found a few things that might work for their media room but I only found 2 chairs in all of those places that would work at ALL. Why is everything so dark anyway!?

One was at Ashley Furniture and I haven't ruled those out, although I'm not sure I love them.

Here is the second chair that could have worked. It's a pretty sweet chair:



Would you like to hazard a guess as to how much EACH one is, though??
$338 a POP! Whoa!
The lady said she could "take some off" but could she take 75% off? I doubt it. Which meant it was very quickly ruled out! :) Crazy overpriced furniture stores.

I really just want some simple, light colored wood chairs. Have you seen any? If so, point me in the right direction please! I'm searching J.C. Penny, Macy's & IKEA online tonight. Tomorrow Mom & I are going to try a few other places, so we'll see. Should we be successful, I will post a victory picture!!

No comments:

Post a Comment