Sunday, December 8, 2013

Anadarko Christmas Party 2013

We missed last year's party :( so we were thrilled to be able to make this year's!
It was wonderful! I enjoyed the two previous parties we went to, but I don't think I've had has much fun as this year. While I couldn't have any cherry vodka sours or rum and cokes (Ohhh Tiny Two), I COULD have as many Shirley Temples as I wanted :) Nothing makes you feel like a grown up quite as much as ordering one of those!

Funny story as Bryan & I got ready for the evening. I was getting some clothes out of the laundry room (please excuse my maternity jeans lying in a heap on the floor in the next picture) and Bryan had turned on the shower (I originally thought Clara had turned on the water, so I'm very thankful that's not actually the case!) and while he was doing something else (not sure what), Clara decided to hop in the shower in her pajamas. She was as happy as a clam! I guess she didn't even think twice since about 50% of the time she showers with me (the other 50% of the time she gets to play in the bathtub while Bryan supervises). After some giggles, we just stripped her down and let her play in the shower for a little while. Then she wanted to "wear a towel" like mommy and daddy do, instead of the usual way we burrito her up. This child cracks me up so often!


Anyway, once we were ALL showered and dressed and looking spiffy, one of my students arrived to babysit Clara. I completely trust this student, so it's wonderful that it worked out that she could watch her. I left them to string cheese, books and peanut butter and Bryan and I headed out the door.

This year's theme was the 1920's (what an awesome decade). They even had flapper dancers in the middle of the ballroom where they serve dinner. They were fun to watch! And the food was good too. I noticed lots of people really enjoying the open bars while the evening got underway.


Then, thanks to Mom & Dad (thank you!) Bryan and I were able to meet the Zac Brown Band that would be performing later that evening. I've never been a band groupie type of person, but I really do enjoy their performances so this was really exciting!
Tiny Two is quite prominently displayed in the picture too. I don't realize how big I look until I catch myself in the mirror or on camera. Sheesh!


Then Bryan and I wandered around visiting and catching up with friends and his co-workers. They were passing out lots of the furry things you wear around your neck (what is that word!?) and pearls to not and hats for the men. It was fun!

I don't have a lot of pictures from that time, but we loved visiting with everyone, and indulging in some desserts, yum.

Then it was time for the Zac Brown Band to play!


For the concert Bryan and I found my parents and several family friends to hang out with for a while. We ended up spending some time with his group and I loved meeting their wives, and Leah and Duncan too.

Mom & I
Love you Mom!
This one was so dark the only way you can even make us out is if I change it to black and white.
Mom, Bryan & I

Family photo
The concert was great! 

I wimped out around 10:45. I'm a sleepy dude. It's a lot of working keeping up with a toddler and growing a person, so we bailed right around then even though there was another hour or so to go. I know Bryan would have stayed but I was starting to doze off despite the loud music and bright lights which was a pretty good indication that I wasn't going to make it much longer :)

Clara was good and we had a great time. Thanks for a great party Anadarko!

No comments:

Post a Comment