Monday, December 23, 2013

Tough Season

The Christmas season is supposed to be about hope, joy, love, and gratitude for the birth of Jesus.

Instead, I find myself angry, stressed and feeling rather without hope.

Clara has been turned into a crazy person by these steroids. It's truly awful. And even being with my parents and having their huge help does not seem to lesson the strain I feel as I'm helpless to combat her tears, tantrums, anger and sleeplessness. I don't know if it's because we're going on a week strong of this, or if I'm just truly unable to cope, but it's been miserable.

On top of that, I feel immense anger towards the dogs. I love them so much, but they aren't getting the attention or exercise they are used to and need, and so they are expressing their frustrations by tearing things up, barking, and being a general nuisance.

I also feel unwell during this pregnancy. I'm crampy, hormonal, and am having a very hard time sleeping even when Clara isn't crying. The sinus problems caused by unreliable Houston weather is frustrating too.

And finally, my husband (whom I adore) and I keep having spats about stupid things which is unusual for us.

Couple all of these things together with the sadness I feel about a few things going on with friends, and the stress of trying to get next semester figured out for 4 different classes and I'm just not holding up very well. I can hold it together during the day (usually), but it's amazing how one harsh word sends me into a tailspin downward.


I keep trying to cling to 1 Peter 5:7, "Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." But I don't feel like I'm doing a very good job of that either.

Sorry for the Debbie Downer post during the Christmas holiday, but I could really use some prayers for patience and endurance. I don't know why I'm struggling so badly, but the idea of carrying on with all of these different stressors is daunting.

There are probably plenty of people today who could use a hug or smile to make things better. Brighten their day please. Reach out to them, forgive them, love them. You never know what battles someone may be fighting



No comments:

Post a Comment