Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Playtime

I knew as I drove a grumpy toddler home from school today that we have to do something fun and distracting to get us through until Daddy made it home. I decided to take the dogs and Clara for a walk and then stop at the park on the way home. Not only did we meet 2 sweet families (one with a 17month old! We swapped numbers and are planning on a playdate soon - her son is at a similar activity level which is wonderful), but we also had a great time swinging, climbing and sliding. Tiny daredevil. Everything was amazing until it was time to go home
(Oh no no no no no!!!) And since she realllly did not want to get back in her stroller, I started to guide her while she pushed it until some kids waved at her across a street (!!!) and yelled at her to run run run - I was livid. She darted across our neighborhood's main road to see them. Ohhhh no, you don't missy. I could have spanked their butts - they were all pre-teens and should have known better. Anyway, after that I strapped Missy AngryPants into her stroller and walked her screaming all the home. Phew. 




New friend, Alex!




And then I caught one of her streaming blankie moments and one of the few minutes she sat still :) 
We have a new word! She went to the fridge, pointed at it and said, "cheeeeeeese!" Well, that's easy! I love communication that doesn't involve a lengthy guessing game. 


No comments:

Post a Comment