Thursday, December 19, 2013

First home breathing treatment

I just need to brag on Clara and say it went 1000x better than it did in the ER. Then it was just me, a sterile environment, and a very scared and sad 18 month old. 

THIS time I knew how it worked, Bryan was with me and Clara was calmer because we were able to treat the wheezing before it escalated out of control. 

It lasted 15 minutes and we spent the time singing, playing (as much as you can while remaining upright and still) and identifying body parts on Santa.

I captured the calmest part (the last 5 minutes) when she was breathing much better on film, and thought I'd share it with you. I had convinced her the mask wasn't too scary by wearing it myself before we turned it on. Still skeptical, she only tried to take it off twice which I consider a major victory!!

Anyway, here is the video (please excuse the background singing and lyric mess-ups :)


No comments:

Post a Comment